The Engineering Department of the Company consists of high-qualified and experienced staff, it is provided with advanced hardware and specialized application software, as well as with necessary regulatory and methodological base adapted to the up-to-date design and construction requirements.
The main activity of the Company in the field of engineering is focused on development, reconstruction, retrofitting and extension of automation and dispatching systems of oil-producing, oil-processing, petrochemical, chemical and other plants. There is also a direction of switchboard equipment design for various applications.
The proposed engineering solutions are developed on the basis of commercially available hardware and software of both, domestic and foreign manufacturers, tested and certified with relevant documents (certificates, permits for use in Russia):
- GosStandart of Russia Certificate of Conformity;
- GosStandart of Russia Pattern Approval Certificate for Measuring Instruments;
- Certificate of Explosion-Proof Electrical Equipment– For the equipment to be installed in explosion hazard zones;
- Rostekhnadzor (Gosgortekhnadzor) Permit for use in the Russian Federation.
Principal directions of engineering activity:
- development of technical and commercial proposals for engineering of APCS systems;
- development of technical and commercial proposals for switchboard equipment design;
- drawing up of feasibility reports for APCS system implementation;
- development of engineering designs of APCS systems;
- development of engineering and operational documentation for APCS systems (section Technological Process Automation System of detail design for design and construction documentation);
- development of the sections Electric Power Equipment, Internal Electrical Illumination, Exterior Electrical Illumination of detail design;
- development of Architectural and Civil and Metalworks sections of detail design;
- development of the sections Heating, Ventilation and Conditioning and Automation of Heating and Ventilations Systems of detail design;
- design engineering for low-voltage distribution switchboards (low-voltage package module) of alternate and direct current, voltage up to 1kV (MDB, IDD, ACB, switchboard, automatic switchboard, distribution switchboard, auxiliaries board, DCB, control current cabinet etc.)
- Development of estimate documents;
- Field supervision.
Specialists of the Engineering Department have vast experience in development of large complex projects under restrictions of the requirements of the RF Government Decree No. 87 dated 16.02.2008, GOST 34.201-89, GOST R 21.1101-2013 that is evidenced by successful passing of expert examination of the projects implemented within the period of 2008-2013 by the RF state experts.
Development of Application Software for APCS systems.
Specialists of the Company develop each specific project based on the following fundamental principles:
Use of standard-based hardware and software manufactured by leading manufacturers, steadily operating for a long time in the market, having representative offices in Russia and ensuring high quality support to the buyers of their products.
Openness of technical solutions making it possible to integrally use hardware and software of different manufacturers.
Drawing up of detail engineering documentation, training of the enterprise’s staff, if necessary, to provide further opportunities for the system’s development by the customer’s specialists efforts.
Effective interaction with APCS systems existing at the enterprise. Moreover, if the available APCS system is developed on the basis of standard open approaches, it is possible to provide its maximum close integration with the new information system – to the extent of retransmitting of control commands from the upper level of the system to the level of detectors.
Capability of quickest possible implementation of APCS systems, particularly, due to the fact that technical solutions of the systems are modular and strictly structured.
BPA LLC offers various solutions for optimization of automation systems - APCS, automated enterprise control systems and enhancement of your production efficiency:
Implementation of Advanced Process Control (APC) Systems
Implementation of advanced process control (APC) systems makes it possible to enhance the efficiency of the process and facilities control, to improve the process management safety and to increase the capabilities of operators in exercising control functions over a larger number of control circuits.
APC system implementation enables you to arrange the monitoring control over a group of process plants by one operator. The system of advanced process control (APC) is a software-based program of actions aimed at enhancement of operation efficiency of one or several process plants by “non-technological” methods – by means of changing control algorithms. АРС is an add-in of DCS basic logic. Using your DCS infrastructure the software and hardware complex of АРС system will improve significantly the usefulness of the asset.
APC is implemented on the basis of multivariate control with use of predictive models (Model Predictive Control – MPC). Conventionally, virtual analyzers (Soft Sensors) are implemented with APC systems to calculate not measured values of the controlled object. When implementing АРС system for each processing facility (process), the models of mass flows, thermal balance, and static models of measured parameters are developed.
Most of the advanced packages provide for special technique of optimization process control (basic level) already within the framework of АРС. Implementation of optimization systems makes it possible to increase the profitability of APC projects. These systems can be designed for optimizing the operation of a plant, a group of plants or technological complexes. Implementing АРС is quite a small additional investment if we compare it with the development of an up-to-date DCS. Implementing АРС results in increase of plant efficiency by several percents.
Supply of equipment for automation and electricity
Supply of equipment for automation and electric power supply of facilities
BPA makes both turn-key supplies of APCS, which include complete cycle of design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and start up, and maintenance (links to the corresponding sections), and supplies of individual components, assemblies, parts.
At our manufacturing facilities in Lyubertsy (Moscow Region), BPA has an equipped and certified manufacture of automation cabinets, control cabinets, and electrical enclosures. The premises of the assembling plant are equipped with the video surveillance system, which provides remote control of the assembling process; it also enables to carry out final inspections and organize video conferencing with contractors and customers.
A warehouse is provided for within the area of BPA’s manufacturing facilities in order to store the materials for the ongoing projects and to locate the consumables stock reserve. The warehouse has a covered loading & unloading area, and warehouse loading equipment with carrying capacity of up to 3 tons. If necessary, special technical equipment with larger carrying capacity is available.
BPA practices various options of multimodal transport (transportation by different types of transport, including carriage by sea and air shipping) of in-gauge cargoes from any spot of the Earth and makes supplies to all large and medium sized towns, where manufacturing facilities of the customers are located, in both, the Russian Federation and other countries. In some cases, by agreement with the customer, delivery of oversized cargoes and delivery to hard-to-reach places is possible.
All cargoes delivered are ensured in a mandatory manner.
The equipment is delivered to the customer in the marked packaging acceptable for transportation, handling and storage of equipment according to specifications. In some cases, seaproof packaging in special materials is possible.
Manufacture of switchboard equipment
BPA offers a package of services for design, manufacture and supply of switchboard equipment for various applications:
- low-voltage package modules from the idea to commissioning of the final product,
- low-voltage package modules for various applications, standard and customized designs,
- flexible approach when concluding agreements:
- turn-key low-voltage package modules,
- low-voltage package modules from customer-supplied raw materials,
- onsite assembly,
- warranty and after-sales service of low-voltage package modules.
The priority area of our Company’s activity is development and implementation of advanced low-voltage package modules of DC and AC voltage up to 1kV. The offered switchboard equipment, along with high level of its reliability and safety, is more compact, easy in operation, has improved design and takes into account increasing demands of Customers.
Assortment of BPA’s basic products:
- low-voltage package modules of AC distribution (MDB, IDD, distribution switchboards, ACB, auxiliaries boards);
- low-voltage package modules of DC distribution (DCB, control current distribution cabinets, control current cabinets, DC panels, factory-assembled operating DC voltage systems);
- control low-voltage package modules (APCS cabinets, meter cabinets, МСС motor control cabinets, control panels and control stations, testing workbenches, server cases),
- cabinets of combined design (electrics + hydraulics or pneumatics)
- enclosures with low-voltage package modules.
Low-voltage package modules design:
- low-voltage package modules, with plug-in or fixed instruments,
- sectioning up to 4b,
- protection class up to IP66,
- explosion-proof or conventional design.
Low-voltage package modules are made on the basis of high quality components of the leading manufacturers:
- cabinet bodies: Rittal, ABB, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Eaton
- devices: ABB, Schneider-Electric, Siemens, Eaton
- electrical-installation equipment: Phoenix Contact, Wago, etc.
BPA’s manufacture characteristics:
- manufacturing and warehousing facilities of 855 sq.m (the town of Lyubertsy)
- certification of manufacture at Schneider Electric, ABB and Eaton for compliance with the European requirements to the manufacturers of low-voltage package modules,
- stage-by-stage control systems of manufactured products quality,
- high-quality tools and manufacturing equipment,
- certification of the manufactured equipment (GOST R certificates and certificates of the Customs Union)
High quality of BPA’s assembly works is based on the following principles:
- professional staff;
- quality industrial equipment and tools;
- modern approach to the organization of works;
- quality control at different stages of manufacturing, finished electrical installations are tested and verified by our own electrical laboratory.
Construction and installation work
To perform construction and installation works, the Installation Department represented by installation sites located geographically in Ufa and Azov (the Rostov region) was organized within the structure of BPA LLC.
The sites are fully completed with competent and certified personnel, with necessary machinery, tools and devices. The staff, which performs welding operations, and the equipment used are certified by the National Agency for Welding Control (NAKS).
The main scopes of construction and installation works are performed by BPA LLC at electric power facilities, oil and gas production and refining facilities, oil and oil-products transportation facilities, chemical, petrochemical and other plants.
Relevant works for the installation sites staff include:
- Installation of instrumentation and automation equipment, electrical installation works at various processing plants of petroleum refineries, including construction of exterior cable racks;
- Electrical installation works of automation equipment, telecommunications, relay protection, electric power equipment of 10/6/0.4 kV substations;
- Installation of instrumentation and automation equipment in tank batteries, petroleum depots, on racks and in terminals, including commercial metering systems of oil and oil products, fire safety devices, gas analysis systems;
- Installation of instrumentation and automation equipment, electric power equipment, electrical installation works when developing oil- and gas fields (including construction of 6kV OHL);
- Installation of instrumentation and automation equipment, electric power equipment, integrated safety systems, electrical installation works of other industrial installations.
BPA LLC management carries out systematic work on industrial diversification and expansion of the types of construction and installation works performed by the staff of the Installation Department.
Erection supervision and commissioning works
Erection supervision (supervision and organizational and engineering maintenance of equipment installation from the part of its supplier/manufacturer or authorized partner at conduction of installation works by the specialists of the customer/contractor) and commissioning works are performed by the staff of the commissioning site (CS) of BPA LLC – a territorially distributed structural subdivision (Altemyevsk, Azov, Ufa, Nizhny Novgorod), as well as by the employees of the assembling production and the servicing department (Lyubertsy, Moscow region) depending on the nature of the supplied equipment and systems.
The list of activities, performed at production of erection supervision works, shall be regulated at conclusion of the appropriate agreement for the purpose of maximum satisfaction of the customer’s needs.
Commissioning works on engineering complex of recording and measurement tools and automated process control systems are performed in the following scope and order:
Preparatory works, including organization and engineering preparation of works, including:
- Analysis of project documentation, selection of measuring tools and gear, preparation of work places
- Inspection of compliance of primary technical specifications of the devices with the requirements established in the certificates and guidelines of the manufacturing companies (results of inspection shall be recorded in the protocol, defective technical means shall be transferred to the customer for repair or replacement)
- Approval of format of reporting documentation, etc.
Measurement and testing of electrical equipment up to 35 kW
Testing of electrical installations up to 35 kV
The electrotechnical laboratory performs measurements and tests in order to determine the condition of electrical power networks, equipment, and instruments. One of the main conditions of steady operation of any electric power supply system is its regular maintenance and performance of all required electrical measurements.
Electrical measurements performed by the experts of the electrotechnical laboratory make it possible to establish the causes of extraneous voltage across the bodies of various units, to exercise control over their operational performance, to measure the insulation resistance of wires, to test the continuity of the grounding circuit, to test the protection operation and to measure the current-spreading resistance of the ground loop and lightning protection, to test the cable and equipment for continuity and many others on a contractual basis at the scheduled time.
It is worth noting that tests and measurements are required not only in case of emergency, but when installing any new electrical equipment (acceptance measurements and tests), as well as in the course of its operation for the purpose of preventive maintenance (control measurements and tests). Control tests make it possible to timely detect and eliminate any risk of equipment failure.
All works are performed at a high level. The company fulfils its obligations in a responsible and professional manner.
Upon completion of electrical measurements and tests, the specialists of the electrotechnical laboratory, while processing the obtained results, prepare a technical report in the established form based on electrical measurements, and a standard protocol in the established form is issued, and in case any defects are detected - a list of defects.
The activity of the electrotechnical laboratory is licensed. The instruments used are calibrated and certified in the State Service of Legal Metrology.
Our Company has its own service center and a warehouse of spare parts to provide after-sale and warranty service for any equipment purchased from BPA LLC or delivered by other manufacturers or vendors. All works are performed by highly qualified specialists using different diagnostic equipment in accordance with requirements of regulatory and technical documents.
Main tasks of BPA service department:
- after-sales service, repair and adjustment of various low voltage package modules (auxiliaries boards, DCB, MDB, control current distribution cabinets, DC panels, prompt blocking circuit power supply cabinets and others);
- after-sales service, repair and adjustment of frequency converters (Danfoss, Vacon, Rockwell Automation and others);
- after-sales service, repair and adjustment of various APCS systems;
- after-sales service, repair and adjustment of transformer equipment monitoring systems of various manufacturers;
- retrofitting of low-voltage package modules and automatic circuit breakers produced by Schneider Electric and ABB;
- after-sales service, repair, start-up and adjustment operations of rectifying devices, inverters and UPS produced by GUTOR Electronic LLC (Schneider Electric);
- warranty and post-warranty repair of the equipment produced at the assembly plant of BPA LLC;
- supply of spare parts for the equipment produced at the assembly plant of BPA LLC or supplied by BPA LLC;
- provision of technical support in operation and maintenance of the equipment supplied by BPA LLC;
- survey works and fault detection on the equipment supplied by BPA LLC;
- onsite training of customers’ personnel.
For the period of BPA activity there was developed an effective management strategy for a variety of projects, which takes into account the international experience. In addition to the standard procedures, such as project planning, risk minimization, enhancement of team efficiency, the internal control service allows taking timely corrective actions on the management system of each specific project.
The Company has a project-oriented structure that enables us to create for each project a close-knit team, focused on completion of the project within the required time with optimal quality. Big number of branches enables us to optimize logistics costs, which results in greater efficiency, and simplifies communication with the customer.
To manage large and/or technically complicated projects, the project team is strengthened by chief engineers of the project that makes it possible to speed up the process of solving technical questions, which inevitably arise in the course of such projects.
The Company has a full range of subdivisions, from engineering department to construction and installation subdivisions, and close ties between the subdivisions at the horizontal level make it possible to implement turn-key projects and improve the quality of works due to more complete understanding of mutual benefits and needs.
Industrial Safety Management
Hazard and Operability Analysis (HASOP)
When implementing its projects at the stages of design and exploration works, construction and installation works and commissioning and start up works, BPA LLС conducts HAZOP studies in a mandatory manner.
BPA LLC conducts a training course in its subsidiary enterprises, which includes theoretical and practical basics of Hazard and Operability Analysis method on the basis of GOST R 51901.11-2005.
Hazard and operability analysis of manufacturing systems is one of the most frequently used methods of risk analysis.
Risk analysis is a structured process, which purpose is to determine both probability and volume of adverse consequences of an activity, object or system under study. Any harm caused to human, property or surrounding environment is considered to be adverse consequences.
Risk analysis is an integral part of the risk-management process, in the course of which both qualitative and quantitative methods for risk analysis are applied.
HAZOP/HAZID and other methods of qualitative analysis of manufacturing processes are widely applied in foreign practice of safety justification and are represented in the Federal Rules and Regulations “General Explosive Safety Rules…”, RD -03-418-01, GOST R 51901.11-2005 (IEC 61882:2001) etc.
Construction is a set of complicated and specific tasks. In order to perform them without downtime and collapses there is a general contracting – administration of all processes at the construction site in one hands.
Generally, functions of the general contractor include the following:
- Organization of all types of works on construction of the project within the framework of the approved project documentation and performance of the whole set of works by internal forces and attracted contracting parties;
- Preparation, as well as control over compliance with the constructions schedule;
- Development of appropriate funding scheme of the project construction;
- Coordination of performance of works by sub-contractors;
- Control over compliance with the technology of work production at the site;
- Organization of supply of the construction site with all relevant materials, equipment and machinery;
- Compliance with the safety regulations at the site;
- Efficient use of the site territory;
- Environmental protection;
- Transfer of the project to the operating organization for further operation in the established order;
- Acceptance of the construction project by the working acceptance commission.
Long-term experience of BPA LLC in the sphere of industrial and civil engineering allows to offer our customers general contracting services in the projects within the Company competence.
BPA LLC has all relevant licenses and permits to carry out the works as a general contractor of construction and has the right to conclude agreements on arrangement of works on construction, reconstruction, major repair of the objects of capital construction with the limit of 500,000,000 (five hundred million) rubles under a single agreement.